This guide analyzes a number of steam cleaners in the market and comes up with a decision on - Which is the best steam cleaner in 2019?
We have carried out a thorough research to know which steam cleaners are doing well, and which aren’t.
So, if you’re looking for a good steam cleaner, you should
look through the options we have.
Best Overall pick!
Best Overall: McCulloch MC1275
McCulloch MC1275 shall be a your perfect choice for things like mopping a large floor. This mean machine can easily reach corners which are hard to reach. It has been designed to be rustic.
|Product Name||Heat Up Time||Tank Size||Power Cord Length||Buy|
Bissell 1940 PowerFresh
Dirt Devil PD20000B
Oreck Steam-It 100LRH
Wagner 915 (0282014)
1. McCulloch MC1275: Best Steam Mop of 2019
Anyone who is looking for the best heavy duty steam cleaner for cleaning and sanitizing a large surface will love this steam mop. Designed to handle tough stains including grease and grime, it can even clean hard to reach corners. It comes with different accessories to meet different cleaning demands.
1. Large water capacity: Despite its small size, this cleaner has a tank capacity of 48 oz and the water is turned to vapors in a relatively short time. The continuous release of vapors can last up to 45 minutes which means you don’t have to keep refilling to continue with the cleaning process.
2. Multipurpose: With the high steam power and different accessories you can use this mop on many surfaces. It is ideal for cleaning a boat, oven, grill, faucets, wooden floors, motorcycles to cars. It requires no chemical hence can leave your carpet and mats smelling fresh.
3. Easy to use: It has a light indicator to show you when it is ready for use. You can also control the release of vapours using the available switch. The cord is 15ft long which can work for small as well as large spaces.
4. Warranty: This product comes with a 2-year warranty. When you don’t make any alterations, you will not encounter any functioning problems.
1. No refills: You cannot add more water when the vapors is still available.
2. Bissell 1940 PowerFresh: Best for hard floors
If you want portability in a cleaning tool, then Bissel 1940 is the best steam cleaner for you. It is lightweight and can easily fit in a suitcase. That means you can pack it and comfortably move around with it. The Blue colour further gives it a fantastic look.
1. Accessorise: Apart from having a built-in scrubber, this mop also has a scent disks and microfiber mop pads. The scrubber will make it easier to clean crevices and spots in a hidden location. The scent discs add spring smelling fragrance to any surface that will clean.
2. Vapor Regulator: From high, low or medium; you can use the digital controls to regulate the vapors released.
3. Removable water tank: During the cleaning process you can take off the lid and refill water. The steam mop then takes approximately 30 seconds to be ready for cleaning.
4. Usage: You can use this device to freshen up your carpet and remove any bad odor. It also works on hardwood, tile, stone, marble, laminate, vinyl and tiles. It is easy to use as you just plug into a power source.
5. Storage: This cleaner has an upright design. Therefore, you can place it in the corner of the room or under the counters.
1. Carpet Glider: It doesn’t come with a carpet glider. If you need one, you have to purchase it separately.
2. Vapour options: When using the low steam option, the vapor released will not be sufficient to disinfect properly. It also lacks a regulator for vapor production which means after you switch on the device, vapours will be released continuously.
S3501 Shark: Best Budget Steam Cleaner
If you prefer the traditional mopping method, then you will love Shark S3501. It has a double sided cleaning pad that uses the natural wiping method whenever steam is released.
1. Versatility: This cleaner has three distinct cleaning options dust, mop and scrub. The three settings ensure a chemical free surface that is both sanitized and clean. You even have the option of increasing or decreasing the vapors depending on the dirt.
2. Portable: It is very lightweight and can be moved around easily.
3. Two sided pads: While most mops have a one-sided pad, this one has two pads whereby each provides double sided cleaning especially on hard floors. It’s pocket technology results in less water retention on the surfaces and faster drying. The pads can be washed and reused.
4. Usability: This product can be used by anyone as it is safe even for people who have less experience with using steam cleaners. It heats the water within 30 seconds enabling the user to finish the cleaning process quickly. It’s the best cleaner for the beginners.
1. Warranty: Clients have complained about it breaking down a few months after usage. So keep your warranty and use it to fix any issues.
Leaks: Does not work efficiently in laminate floors and will often leave streaks.
2. Unclean: The pads require more than one wash to give them that sparkling look especially when removing them manually.
3. Hoover WH20200 with TwinTank
Moving onto no. 4 on the list of carpet cleaners we have; Hoover WH20200. Often when we clean carpets some spots or dirt are usually left out because they are deeply embedded in the fibers. However, with Hoover twin tank WH20200 you can worry less about tediousness.
1. Efficient: This mop has two tanks system where you get the option of using steam only or with a disinfectant solution. It effortlessly cleans bathroom stains and any grime. Additionally, you can clean a couple of rooms without the water running out. The triangular swivel mop head will easily clean all over the base of the toilet and on any tight corners.
2. Disinfectant: When you buy the mop you get a free disinfectant liquid which helps to remove disease-causing harmful bacteria. According to the cleaning product instructions, it does not in any way add toxicity or chemicals to the surface.
3. Control dial: This steam cleaner’s control knobs helps you regulate the amount of disinfectant depending on the level of cleaning. For heavy duty cleaning, and more cleaning solution. It also has an indicator that will give you an alert to start cleaning.
4. Water Tanks: The two tanks are removable thus improving the process of refilling. Use the carpet glider to clean carpets and rugs. The triangle swivel mop head is great for working on baseboards and furniture.
1. Your hand can get tired from constantly holding the trigger.
2. The soap can leave a sticky feeling on the floor when not washed properly.
3. If you don’t empty the tanks completely, they could be infested with moulds.
4. Dirt Devil PD20000B: Best Lightwieght Carpet Cleaner
With a cleaning pads, a shaggy microfiber dusting pad and carpet glider, this steam cleaner does a good job of removing dirt on surfaces. It is handheld giving you control of where you want to clean. Its lightweight design is ideal for ladies or anyone who wants a less bulky product. Making it the best choice
1. Power: It has a 1500 watt power that heats water in 30seconds.
2. Easy cleaning: The V-shaped head helps it reach sharp corners. It cleans both wood and laminate floors. With a cord that can be easily released from the mop, you can move around the room doing the cleaning without the code being in your way. It releases steam in a continuous process which reduces the number of visible streaks.
3. Water indicator: When you buy the product, you get a cup and funnel which you can use to add water quickly. The level indicator works to reduce spillage when adding water.
4. Carpet cleaning: Apart from cleaning hard surfaces such as floors, it also has a carpet glide attachment that cleans and give rugs as well as carpets a fresh look.
1. Breakage: Some customers have had to return this product because it stopped releasing the vapor. However, it has a one year warranty which you can use to get repairs.
2. Inefficiency: This cleaner leaves streaks which can cause the floor to look dirty even after cleaning.
Best Multi Purpose Steam Cleaner:
Purchasing SF-370WH will save you money and time as it heats up very quickly. Hence, making it best steam cleaner under budget. Whether you are cleaning floors, furniture, countertops, barbeque grill or children’s toys, this cleaner has versatile functions. It packs different accessories which help to remove any stubborn stains.
1. Accessories: It has a variety of detachable attachments made to cater for a broad range of surfaces. The mop head and the microfiber pads function to sanitize and keep the surfaces clean. The squeegee works best in cleaning smooth glasses, mirrors as well as windows. Additionally, the jet nozzle is perfect for loosening up dirt which is then scrubbed using the available scrub tool.
2. Water capacity: This mop has a large water tank which provides steam for up to 45 minutes. The large reservoir also makes this device perfect for professional cleaning jobs.
3. Stuck grime: The Brass utility brush is specially made to remove any grease or grime from barbeque grills, oven, tools, metal surfaces, and automobile engines. As a result, it will clean your household items.
4. No solution: This device does not require any cleaning solution to perform its function. Instead, it uses vapours and the different accessories to eliminate dirt and germs.
5. Portable: Among the many advantages that this mop has, portability is its best feature. With the long length of the code, you can move the steam cleaner around the room without disconnecting it from the power source.
6. Heating: When you put tap water, the boiler heats it to 200 degrees in about 8 minutes.
1. Long cooling time: You cannot open the water tank until the device cools down.
2. Filling space: With its small water hole, it takes a bit longer to fill the tank fully.
The SKG 2012 is a compact steam cleaner designed to help you clean several types of surfaces. Likewise, its triangle-shaped head allows it to reach every nook and cranny with relative ease.
1. Steam Production: You get a good amount of steam pretty quickly, which means that you can start cleaning early.
2. Odor Elimination: The SKG 2012 steam mop does more than remove dirt. For example, you can use this to clean window blinds in rooms where smoking is allowed. The steam will not only get rid of the gunk but also the foul stench of smoke that latched on to the blinds. There’s no question this will remove the smell of pet urine as well.
3. Sustainability: It comes with three microfiber pads that aren’t just mean for single use. Just wash them once they get dirty and they’re good to go. You save a bit of money in the long run since you don’t need to buy replacements.
4. Customer service: SKG has a positive reputation for excellent after-sales service. You get lifetime customer support just by purchasing the steam mop.
1. Stability: This steam mop does not fare well when it comes to staying still on its own. You can make it lean against the wall, but there’s a good chance it will fall down. Thus, you have to hold it with one hand when you want to turn it off or replace the water.
2. Tank size: It’s a lightweight cleaner, but this is partly due to its relatively small tank. So if you’re planning to clean the whole house, you’d have to refill it several times.
Oreck Steam-It 100LRH steam cleaner comes from a company that has been manufacturing good quality vacuum mops for many years. This electrical equipment has a no spill vapor chamber because it uses the low-pressure vapor to remove dirt.
1. Heating: According to the manufacturer, the device takes less than a minute to heat up the water. The vapor lasts for about 40 minutes and works to clean a room as well as sanitize surfaces.
2. Efficient: The mop is designed in such a way that it can be put upside down without causing any water leakage. This cleaner is for cleaning areas above the floor such as ceiling fans and light fixtures. This all-purpose tool also functions as a steam mop and vacuum mop. As a result, you can use it to clean beddings such as pillows as well as bath fixtures, and grout.
3. Easy to use: It is portable and has control buttons which are operated using fingers. The vapors are in low pressure which helps the cleaned items to dry faster.
4. Saves money: Buying this cleaner means you get four microfiber pads which can be washed and reused. In the process, it prevents you from buying any extra or replacement pads. It also cleans different floors including hardwood, vinyl, petroleum, stone, and ceramic.
1. Short power code: The power cord is short therefore you have to change cleaning position frequently.
2. Nonremovable canister: Since you can’t remove the canister, some areas will be hard to clean thoroughly.
Wagner 915 (0282014) With Steam Plate
Wagner 915 is a steamer and cleaner that has other unique functions that make it stand out. This mop is unique as it helps to removes and clean behind wallpapers. Even in dark corners, this tool will pick up any hidden dirt. Since it uses water, there will be no traces or smell of any disinfectant smells which further helps to make your home more pleasant.
1. Steam control: Depending on the intensity of dirt, you can use controls to regulate the flow of vapor released.
2. Long hose: General cleaning tends to take up a lot of time. However, with the 8-foot hose and two extra extension tubes you can reach hard to clean areas.
3. Eco-friendly: For the cleaning process to start, tap water has to be put in the tank. The vapor then melts away any grime on tiles or grout resulting in a clean surface that is free from any toxic chemicals.
4. Wallpaper remover: The steam plate is the best feature that is not found in the other mops . As compared to non-pressurized mop, this plate helps to remove wallpaper at a 20 percent faster rate.
5. Power: This mop uses 120-volt power and has two different color indicators for showing when the its is ready for use. The red light turns on when the vapors are at 135 degrees Fahrenheit and are released continuously to allow uniform cleaning.
6. Various accessories: A floor cleaning brush, two extension tube, utility brushes, measuring cup, power steamer and window squeegee are some of the best accessories that come with the mop.
1. Water indication: This product lacks a water indicator so it can be hard to know how much water to put in the tank.
O-Cedar Microfiber Mop: Best Steam Mop for Carpets
O-Cider microfiber steam cleaner is an innovative product that heats water in about 20seconds. It gives the user total control over the equipment as it comes with digital settings where you can adjust the vapor output. Last one but still one of the best cleaners on the list.
1. Easy to put together: It comes pre-installed, so you just have to pull the joints upwards, and it will be ready to use. The snap on carpet glider works to give the rug a fresh look.
2. Efficient: It comes with a custom made cup for adding water or refilling the tank when you need more steam. As you keep adding water the intensity of the heat increases which works to kill any germs that will be on the floor or surfaces. You can adjust the height until you get your ideal cleaning position. For every purchase, you get two extra microfiber pads.
3. Convenient: This cleaner is lightweight and takes a few seconds to heat up. It works well on different surfaces such as wood floors, and other hard floor. The triangle head shape also allows the device to clean edges. You can wash the microfiber more than 25 times in the washing machine without it getting damaged.
1. The code is a medium length which can make the job a bit hard when cleaning a large room.
From power jets, portable designs to quick heating time, each mop has features that make it stand out. The pros and con of each device are to help you pick a tool that meets your cleaning needs. Overall, the best steam cleaner is one which will remove dirt, disinfect your surfaces and keep your home free from germs.