Best Laser Tag Guns, There are numerous brands of laser tag guns in the market today and finding the best one can be a bit daunting, to say the least. Unless you really have keen interest in the game and play it often, then you’re likely to have a hard time picking an ideal laser gun for playing.
In this review, we’ll be taking you through a list of Top 10 Laser Tag Guns in 2019. Like usual, we always try to keep our review as factual and balanced as possible. We try to pick items we feel deserve your attention: it’ll be up to you to decide whether to add them to your cart.
But What Is A Laser Tag Gun?
For the sake of clarity, a laser tag is an exciting game where players use a special gun that fires infrared beams. It’s popular with both kids and adults, you can simulate combat and compete on who has the best shooting skills. The infrared beams must not be confused with real laser beams: infrared beams are totally painless, no harm or injury is done on the players whatsoever. You can play it both indoors and outdoors.
How Safe are Laser tag guns?
There have been misconceptions about the safety of laser tag guns in kid’s birthday parties, some say they blind the eyes and that they may cause electric shock. But that’s untrue. The sensors used are all tested and certified as safe for use in child toys. Basically, pointing a laser gun at your child is as harmless as pointing a remote control to them. The infrared rays used in targeting are low energy, low frequency and thus don’t pose any danger even when pointed to the eyes.
Top 10 Best Laser Tag Guns Reviews of 2019
|Product||Package Dimension||Package Weight||Modes||Buy|
Family Games Laser
17.5 x 11.7 x 6.5"
11.9 x 7 x 4.1"
12.1 x 14.9 x 4.4"
Infrared Laser Tag
13.9 x 9.6 x 6.8"
Best Choice Products
34 x 16.8 x 4"
| Buy Now
ArmoGear Vests and Infrared Laser
13.8 x 8.9 x 7.6"
Multiplayer Extreme Infrared
17.5 x 11 x 6.5
Force1 Laser Tag Gun
16.8 x 11.2 x 7.3
Laser Tag Kids
17 x 5 x 13"
Kidzlane Infrared Laser
11.9 x 7 x 4.1
- Very safe, can be used for long without requiring replacement. You don’t need any additional tools or equipment in order to start a battle.
- Has 4 team choices, each team with own settings.
- It’s also easy to customize, means a better gaming experience.
- Also worth mentioning is the durable case that makes mobility very easy.
- The Family Games Laser Night Birthday is versatile and very customizable, very recommendable for both kids and adults.
- The design of the carrying case makes it easy to move around, it’s durable, portable, nice grip: a godsend for gamers looking to play in the outdoors.
The kit is a certified Class 1 Child Safe Laser Product: has a mere o.4946 mW output. You can choose Team Orange, Team Green, Team Blue, and Team White.
- This is one of the few brands in the market that can fire up to 130ft away. Comes with 4 Team Action, you can either pick Team Red, Green, Blue or White.
- The Gun has 4 settings, select from SHOTGUN, PISTOL, SUBMACHINE GUN, OR ROKET.
- The shooting sounds are ultra realistic, so real and you can feel yourself pulverizing the enemy!
- It’s durable: also lights up and vibrates as you fire shots up to 130ft away.
- The lighting and booming sounds when shooting are just out of this world, 100% guaranteed to offer you a thrilling experience.
- It’s also durable and doesn’t break down easily. Give your kids a high end gaming experience with this gun.
- It’s pretty much a kid’s game.
What sets a laser tag brand apart from its closest competitor is realism. How real is the combat experience? Well, here’s why Nerf Official Phoenix Multiplayer Exclusive stands out:
- Has a great LED light, produces a boom like the real gun sound.
- Can shoot up to 40 meters away and the vibrations when firing are as real as they get.
- It’s sturdy and durable, offers a real-life-like combat experience.
- 2 LTX taggers for enhanced competition
- The guns are incredible, well loaded and with a recoil each time you fire. This plus the gunshot sounds give the players such a realistic feel.
- Perfect workout for someone looking to run in and around the compound, you can play the game for hours with your kid or other adults. laser gun beginner’s guide
Unfortunately, it can only accommodate two players.
Applying the highest and most sophisticated manufacturing standards, this laser tag gun will give you everything from top quality controls, to a highly functional, highly durable tag gun all in one package.
- It’s clearly one of the most advanced laser tag guns. Comes complete with target vests, voice-guided directions, night vision flashlights, also has an invisibility mode.
- Supports 4 teams and each player can add their ammo even while on the move.
- Has a solid grip and is easy to handle, the vibrations during a shootout are so thrilling.
- The Ergonometric ally design sets it apart, ideal for use by the whole family.
- Here’s a gun you can use for the ultimate experience, real sounds and booms plus vibrations.
- The blasts and sounds create dear memories, every experience to be treasured.
- Customize it into a Pistol, Shotgun, Rocket Launcher, or a Machine Gun to obliterate your enemies.
- It is a bit pricey and not recommendable if you’re on a tight budget.
It’s one of the most popular brands in the market today, it’s a multiplayer set that offers unrivaled realistic gaming experience. It’s recommendable for both kids and adults.
- Like most guns in this category, you have 4 blasters to pick from: a pistol, shotgun, submachine gun, and missile launcher. The ammunition can be added even when you’re on the move.
- Also has an infrared receiver that tracks successful hits. Blast a target’s brains off at a distance of o130ft using the long range infrared targeting system.
- Compatible with SKY4892 and SKY4893 rifle blasters.
- With this laser tag gun, it’s like a good video game brought from the screen right into your backyard. Up to 4 players can play.
- The different gun modes add an element of thrill and suspense uncommon in other guns.
- This is an addictive gun, once your kids lay their hands on it they won’t want to stop.
- Infrared receivers improve your overall shooting accuracy
- Versatility of its design makes it suitable for use both indoors and outdoors
- It’s safety compliant, courtesy of the ASTM f963-16
- The 40-meter targeting range is made possible by the sensor target add-on
- Blasters have up to four levels, which gives you a variety in terms of ammunition levels.
- Great product, but it’s a bit pricey.
Few guns give you that genuine, authentic laser gun experience quite like this item: you can keep your family entertained for hours.
- The gun uses triple AAA to power the guns, while the vests are powered by another 3 AAA.
- One of the few laser guns that have real target vests, night vision flashlights, invisibility mode, and voice-guided directions.
- You can hit targets up to 150 ft away.
- This is a gun that will create hours of entertainment, creating cherished memories for families and friends. It’s super fun and offers a very authentic experience.
- Whether you’re shooting indoors or outdoors, you can turn your lights off so as to hide your location: especially when you want to go on stealth mode and ambush an enemy.
- Ideal for 18+
- Accommodates many players
- Four target vests
- Realistic sounds, customizable lights, great vibrations
- AAA powered
- Seeing that you need around 12 AAA in order to play the game with friends, one at least wishes these batteries were rechargeable.
The Multiplayer Extreme Infrared Indoor/Outdoor laser gun is easy to use: no complicated bits, doesn’t need a tutorial or prior experience with laser guns.
It may not be as sophisticated as the other brands, but it works just as well, and gives a great overall experience for both kids and adults
- Offers you a variety of 4 different team settings: either play as one team or in a free for all battle. Basically, unlimited players can play.
- No target vests needed: blaster becomes the target.
- Has a long-range sensor that tracks hits at up to 132ft
- This class 1 laser toy product is certified and conforms to ASTM F963-16.
- No need for vests, no bullets to waste or lose, plus you can see clearly when and where you’ve been hit.
- Each gun setting has its own ammunition level and firing intensity. You can promptly change from a pistol to a Machine gun or a missile launcher while still on the battle field.
- In close combat quarters, the guns tend to register hits even when you’re not aiming: as soon as you fire, the shots register as hits regardless of whether the gun was pointed or not.
This is one of the most well-crafted laser gun sets on the market: some however find it a bit too advanced for kids. It is quite the big boy toy, with its recommended age bracket being from 18+ years.
- Shooting range of 130ft.
- Produces great sounds and vibrations
- Four mode weapon, no need for vests
- Comes with a life meter
- Recommendable for adults of 18 years and over.
- The gun takes you into a futuristic battle zone, shoot your way past enemy fighters using different weapons, different firing rates.
- Don’t run out of ammo, just rotate the chamber and reload the blaster.
- A tactical flashlight means that at night, you can sneak and snipe on your enemies without being noticed.
- The gun is designed mostly for adults, kids are left out.
The Laser Tag Kids Designer Multiplayer set is a great option for kids, what it lacks in sophistication, it makes up for in safety. It has safety signals, a durable case, and comes with extra batteries.
- This is one of the few laser tag guns that come with a lifetime warranty!
- Can be used by single players or by teams.
- Each team/player has an own unique sound during a shootout.
- You can shoot-up to 150 ft away
- Has some spare batteries, recommendable for all ages.
- Safe and sturdily built, children can drop the guns on the floor without any major damages.
- It’s also fun to use especially when different players with different gunfire sounds are involved.
- Few laser tag guns come with extra batteries and with the Laser Tag Kids Designer Multiplayer you have a spare set.
- This means longer playing hours, more fun for family and friends.
- Only major con is that it is designed for kids.
Despite the handicap of being mostly designed for kids, the Kidzlane Infrared Laser Tag Game set is one of the most sought-after laser gun sets. It blends both realism and safety, is durable, and works pretty well.
- Can support up to 4 teams
- Awesome shooting sounds, almost like the real rat-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta of a gun.
- You can pick from either a pistol, shotgun, machine gun, or a rocket launcher
- The 4 colors (red, green, white, blue) will come in handy for easy identification
- You can pulverize the enemy by firing a rocket
- It is one of the best you can find out there: few laser guns can match its realism.
- The manufacturer has invested heavily in the sound to ensure that the sound are as real as can be.
- The hits are accurate even at 130ft away.
- Sneak silently as close to your opponent as possible, no noise until the guns are fired.
- Not really recommendable for adults
When coming up with the above list, we took into consideration some important factors that would concern every parent or gamer shopping for a laser tag gun. We don’t promote any brand, rather, we spend tens of hours trying and testing the different brands available in the market. We then list down our own experience. In the case of laser tag guns, these are the main factors we considered:
safety of the player comes first in every game. We wanted to be sure that all products we reviewed had passed the safety test. Considering children are the greatest fans of laser guns, we ensured all items here had a lower than 1 mW.
All toys are as good as they are durable. We checked how sturdily built the gun was, how the grip felt when held in your hand. Some target vests are notorious for being torn off around the arms after a few games: we avoided such brands.
The laser tag gun market has different varieties: some sets come with target vests, telescopic flashlights, etc. We took time to pick guns with features we felt were unique.
Laser tag gun manufacturers are continually striving to create as realistic a battle field as possible. The sound effects, vibrations and flashlights are all meant to make the gun appear, sound as real as possible.
Lastly, some laser tag guns are purposefully made for kids, while others are usable by adults of 18+. So, you want a game that adults can join too? Or a simple one for kid’s fun? Those are things we considered.
- Laser tag is one of the most popular pass time games across the globe. You can play it with your kids and their friends during a birthday party, adults too can indulge, and the fun is limitless.
- More and more people are beginning to realize that laser tag isn’t just a game to pass time, but a work out session: it allows you the rare chance to exercise and workout as you dodge and dash for cover.
- The game is competitive and Kids who grow up playing laser tag acquire vital life skills of timing, thinking fast, and accepting defeat honorably, and so on.
With the above information, we believe you’re now armed with most of what you ought to know about laser tag guns. All the best in your shopping and have fun when gaming!