When cleaning and tidying up the dirt prone areas of your home, it is very easy to forget the gutters. Yet gutters trap and hold dirt, debris and leaves, they can even get clogged and hold stagnant water. Not to mention that a dirty gutter is an eyesore, it diminishes the aesthetic appeal of your home the moment a visitor comes in.
Traditionally, most people have used rickety ladders, hoses and blowers trying to clean up their gutters; but that’s inherently dangerous. Investing in the right set of gutter cleaning tools will save you much trouble and get the job done effectively.
The beauty of acquiring gutter cleaning tools is that they tend to be multipurpose; you can use them to clean windows, sidewalks, change bulbs, and so on. The telescopic poles on gutter cleaners enable you to reach the gutter even when you’re standing on the ground; no need for a ladder or something to step on. Below, we have compiled a list of the best gutter cleaning tools in 2018.
Top 8 Gutter Cleaning Tools Reviews
|Product||Package Dimension||Package Weight||Length||Buy|
DocaPole Gutter Cleaner
74 x 3.8 x 2.3"
Gutterwhiz Gutter Cleaner
12 x 12 x 4 "
Upto 15 feet
Guttermaster Waterflow Wand
36.3 x 1.8 x 1.8"
7.1 x 2.5 x 7.7"
PROGUTTER gutter scraper
11.5 x 14 x 36.2"
| Buy Now
Toro Gutter Cleaning Kit
6.5 x 11.5 x 29.1"
upto 10 feet
Melnor Vortex Cleaning Wand
2.5 x 2.5 x 41"
Water Rocket Eavestrough Downspout
7 x 5 x 1.6"
But first, 3 crucial tips consider before buying your preferred gutter cleaner
Length of the pole
Different gutter cleaners have different lengths and this is something you’ll need to be on the lookout for. The best gutter cleaners have adjustable poles, long enough to reach all areas you’re working on. Some products sell the pole differently from the cleaning kit while others sell the entire system together.
Weight of the tool
Gutter cleaning tools are made to be lifted up and held for long durations. The heavier the gutter cleaning tool, the more tiring it’ll be to your arms. Opt for lightweight gutter cleaners especially those made of aluminum; aluminum isn’t just light, it’s also durable and rust resistant.
While we do not promote or market any specific brands, it goes without saying that some brands are more superior to others. Do a bit of research to ensure that you get a reputable brand. A good brand is likely to offer a longer warranty, plus you can read reviews of past users to gauge just how reliable the brand is.
This is light, a multipurpose cleaner that can be used for several tasks. You can use it to change bulbs or reach even the trickiest parts of your gutter; you can extend it from 6 feet to 24 feet.
- Has a multi angle tip attachment and a straight metal tip to reach every noose and cranny from any height.
- A reinforced multi angled tip to provide 180 degrees rotation
- A short pole to make it easy to carry around; perfectly fits in the trunk of your car; you can hang it in a closet or on a wall, and so on.
- There’s a thumb lever that comes with a quick release, makes the retraction or extension very easy.
- At 24 ft long, you’ll easily manage to clean all areas including those hard to reach.
- It’s easy to use indoors
- Some unique tasks you can accomplish using DacaPole include dusting the top of ceiling fans, window sills, book cases, you can also use them to retrieve toys and other items stuck on trees and roofs.
- Other customers use them to change floodlights, as GoPro extensions and cameras, 360 degree photography, and so much more.
The DacaPole enjoys high rating from customers and it doesn’t disappoint. It provides great customer value, one of the best, if not the best in the market.
This is an easy to use cleaning tool that even a beginner won’t have trouble with. From pine leaves, toys, and other debris on the gutter; Gutterwhiz gets the job done with ease and convenience.
- It’s lightweight, weighs 1.8 pounds. Its dimensions are 12 inches by 12.4 inches
- Can reach heights of 15 feet and below.
- No need for a ladder, no noisy blowers and power washers.
- The pole is sold separately, meaning you have to set aside more cash to purchase a good quality telescopic pole made of fiberglass.
- Cleaning the gutter can be tedious, while hiring a professional to do it will prove to be quite costly.
- Gutterwhiz combines these two factors to create a cleaner that‘s light, easy to use, and effective for standard cleaning procedures.
- Perfect grip, ideal for use even indoors.
Some users complain that the rod can be heavy when held for long (although we didn’t notice it).
Our own honest opinion is that the Gutterwhiz is a budget tool, if you can afford to spend sufficiently, we’d recommend you go for a more superior brand.
It is curved to allow for more flexibility when you’re cleaning the gutter. You just connect it to your garden hose and you’re good to go,
- A 12ft telescope pole that reaches up to 12 feet.
- It can reach up to 18 feet when combined with your body height.
- Measures 62.5 inches by 1.2 inches by 1.2 inches.
- Comes with a PVC pressure valve that can be adjusted so as to control the amount of water flowing.
- For enhanced comfort and efficiency, the manufacturer has made the foam grips with high quality aluminum.
- A waterflow brush t can be added when you want to clean windows or sides of walls.
- This is a lightweight tool, easy to use and very nice grip when held in your hand.
- However, we were really drenched when testing this product!! The nozzle is notorious for splashing water sideways and while this may mean you getting really wet, it means that more water is spread all over the gutter.
- You can tell whether the gutter has been fully flushed depending on how the water is flowing out.
An easy to use tool, lightweight, very perfect grip, and it offers you value for money. Not a bad product to spend your money on.
It’s easy to attach and detach, and comes with multiple high pressure nozzles; this makes them so ideal for blowing away leaves and other tough debris.
- Weighs 8 ounces, measures 7.1 inches by 2.5 inches by 7.7 inches.
- Perfectly designed for blowing off leaves and stubborn debris, thanks to the multiple high pressure nozzles.
- It is compatible with majority of the gas pressure washers in the market that have 3,000 PSI and above.
- The inlet is ¼ of an inch long with a quick-connect coupler; very handy for easy attachment and detachment.
- This is not an automatic cleaner that will do everything as you sit down and enjoy a beer; some effort will be needed.
- The performance is defined by the pressure washer you’re using; washers of 3,000 psi and below may not be very effective with this attachment.
- Overall, we found this item very suitable for cleaning up even decomposed leaves that require powerful hosing.
- Availability of 2 nozzles means that the hose doesn’t shake and bounce all over, since the water pressure is lowered.
Like with most cleaners, getting wet is inevitable; come armed with a raincoat and goggles. That aside, this item is definitely worth every coin and we’d greatly recommend.
PROGUTTER tools come in a variety of 4 patterns; Square Line, Half Round, Miniflo, And Ogee Style. You can buy each tool individually, or get a whole kit that contains the 4 tools. This is the perfect tool for reaching areas that are hard to reach, for instance porches and conservatories.
- Has 4 different tools all ‘under one roof’.
- The system comes with various attachments like an extendable pole, an angle adaptor, a mini Flo, and so on.
- A universal acme thread easily fits to the OptiLoc telescopic pole.
- It’s durable and sturdily built, there are no frequent breakdowns.
- The system is expertly designed to ensure that you use as little effort when cleaning; you can remove all debris effortlessly.
- The aluminum telescopic pole enables you to hook the edge of the gutter to make the entire exercise easier, and more efficient.
- It’s also lightweight and you won’t need to keep shifting your ladder all over the property; you can clean the entire gutter while standing in the same position.
Clearly, this is a superior product, one of the best you can actually get in the market today. It meets all the criterions of a good and effective gutter cleaning tool.
Toro is a reputable company that also manufactures chainsaws, trimmers, and blowers. This gutter cleaning kit is highly compatible with most blowers, plus it comes with a 2 year warranty. The gutter cleaner will reach more areas than most gutter cleaners within the same class/category.
- Comes with 5 extension tubes each measuring 20.6 inches.
- There’s also a connection collar, shoulder strap, and a gutter nozzle.
- An adjustable shoulder strap actually ensures that your hands are free to operate the extension tubes.
- This kit is currently compatible with most Toro models like 51574, 51592, 51599, 51602, 51690, 51690T, and others..
- For more info on the models that this kit is compatible with, kindly check out more details here.
- The kit enables you to clean your gutters while still standing on the ground; you can also maximize the airflow in the tubes to target debris and direct it forward.
- Even when you’re working on uneven landscapes, this kit enables you to adjust the extension tubes to suit every situation.
- If you’re using the kit for the first time, you may be taken aback by the force of air that’s exiting the nozzle; you may have trouble maintaining the position you want
- But once you get used to using it, you’ll be amazed at how easy it is to dislodge compacted leaves, twigs, and other stubborn debris.
We noticed that the kit is difficult to disassemble after use; the flex hose and blower attachment are difficult to disengage. Perhaps Torro ought to have checked into this, they should have added an extra tube that attached permanently to the hose; this would do away with the need to disengage the tube from the hose when storing the kit.
This is a great tool to blast away debris from clogged gutters. The rotating spray head can move 360 degrees; this means more flexibility and ability to reach any and all hard to reach areas.
This is an easy to hold and operate multipurpose cleaning tool that can be used to clean gutters, driveways, sidewalks, carports, patios, decks, and so on so forth.
- It can extend from 42 inches to 72 inches, is made of aluminum; this makes it light and easy to hold.
- The non-slip foam grips are an added advantage; they help keep your hands warm and well insulated when cleaning.
- The spray head pivot can be rotated 360 degrees for more flexibility and ability to reach all areas.
- Shaped nozzles create a super powerful spray that can dislodge even the most stubborn debris and dirt on your gutter.
- The product has a 7 year warranty; evidence that Melnor has confidence in their product and they know it gets the job done.
- You can clean your gutter in a matter of minutes thanks to the powerful spray of water emitted by the shaped nozzles.
- Besides, this is a multipurpose cleaning tool that you can also use to clean areas that are hard to reach in your SUV; roofs, under body, etc.
- It’s light, it’s easy to use, it gets the work done, and we’d surely recommend this cleaning tool.
It’s a great tool, gets the job done, is durable, you can’t go wrong with it.
#8. Water Rocket Eavestrough Downspout
This is a great tool for cleaning and unplugging drains, plus it’s quite easy to use. The unique design ensures that you’ll have an easy time blowing off dirt, leaves, and clogs. It’s shaped like a rocket, hence the name
- The cleaner weighs a mere 1.44 ounces, is 7X5X1.6 inches long.
- It prides itself of being uniquely patented.
- Multipurpose and can fit in most garden hoses.
- Ideal for unplugging drains, it’s also affordable.
The gutter cleaner is powerful, it blasts away leaves, mud, and other debris. It’s an affordable and effective downspout cleaner.
It’s a recommendable gutter cleaning tool, gets the job done, little maintenance costs, and it is affordable. However, be ready to get really wet as the cleaner sprinkles water all over.
Gutter cleaning tips:
Gutter cleaning is an inherently dangerous task that can lead to serious injuries or even death. While it is important to have the right set of cleaning tools, you must also adhere to some safety measures in order to stay safe;
- First and foremost, always check your ladder before stepping on it. Check to see that it’s sturdy and capable of supporting your weight.
- Usually, always ensure that someone is aware that you’re cleaning the gutters.
- Watch out for power line hazards, do a physical inspection to ensure that no live wire from the power pole is in contact with the roof. Consult a licensed electrician in case you come across a damaged cable or one in contact with your roof.
- Ensure that you have gloves, goggles, and a raincoat; you need to protect your eyes and hands from the debris you’ll be unplugging and blowing away.
- Rubber shoes are always preferable as these have better grip even when theroof or ladder steps are wet.
Gutter cleaning tools are meant to make your work much easier; they’re designed to get rid of all manner of debris from your gutter. In this post, we have reviewed only 8 tools that you can never go wrong with in 2018. Buying one of these will be the best decision you ever made, no more need for ladders or stepping on stools; the risk of injury is real.
All the best while you’re at it!